Senior Panel Technician Accreditation (Preparation and Assessment)
£1000 + VAT
The Panel route is intended for technicians whose job role involves the repair of vehicles typically involved in accidents or similar incident circumstances.
The Senior Technician should be working in the accident repair sector of the industry and have at least three years’ experience to ensure they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to repair and replace body components, including returning vehicle alignment to manufacturer specification and rectifying bodyshell faults
IMI Accreditation provides proof of your current competence and recognition of skills. Accreditation complies with industry-agreed standards and codes, including BS 10125 / PAS 125 which is required for working on accident-damaged vehicles, as well as providing proof of welding competence through assessment module AOM 009.
Technicians wishing to be assessed at either Panel Technician or Senior Panel Technician levels MUST hold a current welding Assessed Outcome Module Certificate for AOM–009 (BS1140 and BS4872).
This preparation and assessment is for Panel Technicians who are not currently in possession of a Senior IMI Accreditation and who therefore need to take the full assessment.
This accreditation will certify your competence in assessing and preparing a variety of panel repair techniques, welding and joining techniques, jig work and MET skills.
Before taking the assessment:
- You will know how to repair, replace and adjust components to meet vehicle specifications and settings.
- You will have welding, MIG braze, riveting and bonding skills
- You will have complex knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET) techniques/methods used for removing and replacing vehicle apparatus.
Preparation and assessment for the following modules:
- AOM - 002 Realignment of Cosmetic Body Panels
- AOM - 006 Remove and Refit MET Components - Complex
- AOM - 029 Panel Damage (Rectification)
- AOM - 030 Welded Panel Section - Spot/MAG/MIG Braze/Bond/Rivet
- AOM - 030 Panel Section Methods
- AOM - 032 Rectify Vehicle Misalignment - (setup, measure and rectify)
- AOM - 034 Aluminium Cosmetic Panel Damage - (Rectification)
- AOM - 048 Preparation and Application of Cold Filler